The Olive Oil Taster aims to be as ethical and environmentally friendly as possible and to this end we seek to maintain the following commitments:
- To ensure that Featured Oils are only sourced through producers with a traceable production and supply chain.
- To seek transport and delivery methods with the least environmental impact.
- To support producers to attain Organic Certification where possible, and to point out to customers when the production methods are organic without being certified.
- To buy and sell oils at a Fair Price that respects the integrity of both the producers and consumers.
- To deal openly and honestly with all suppliers and customers on a timely basis.
- To promote Extra Virgin Olive Oils which, in our professional opinion, are worthy of support irrespective of the country of origin of the producer or the oil.
- To minimise the amount of paper we produce and use recycled wherever possible.
- To encourage the use of low impact, recycled and recyclable packaging.
- To be as transparent and ethical as possible in all our business dealings.
If you feel at any time that The Olive Oil Taster has failed to live up to these standards or if you have further suggestions please contact me.