I am absolutely delighted to be back blogging and really excited to share my new website with you. This has definitely been a labour of love and would not have come to fruition at all had it not been for the insightful wisdom, energy, enthusiasm and supreme patience of my web developer and business coach Tracy Dempsey. So before I go any further, a huge and heartfelt thank you Tracy. Take a look at her site and get in touch with her if you could use help with strategy, clarifying your offering, web development, and some sound good business sense.
Okay, what have I been doing (apart from slaving over a hot keyboard of course) and what’s in store next for The Olive Oil Taster? Over the coming weeks, I’ll share with you some of the highlights of the last few months (and there were many) including:
- Agreeing on a deal to supply Orodeal through my site
- Meeting the team behind Zaytoun at a Fairtrade Supper at Poco Tapas in Bristol
- Attending the Abergavenny Food Festival where I met not one but two brilliant EVOO suppliers – Belazu and Coedcanlas
- Being introduced to some great EVOOs at the Speciality Fine Food Fair at Olympia and realising just how many producers are keen to supply the UK market with their delicious oils
- Being given a very special bottle of award-winning OleoCampo Premium EVOO by a Spanish exchange student
- Tasting the lovely smooth EVOO, Olivoyage being produced in Turkey by Oya Zingal and discussing bringing it over to the UK
- Receiving a selection of Martín de Prado oils to sample and write about
- Meeting the wonderful Irini Kokolaki and tasting her Cretan O Olive EVOO (the new harvest of which will be a Featured Oil on the site very soon)
- Sourcing a couple of interesting Croatian olive oils from the Dubrovnik region
- Taking part in the pre-judging selection for the prestigious Armonia International Olive Oil Competition in Parma, Italy (which I’m delighted to be judging again this year)
And of course, I’ve been sourcing, sampling, tasting, networking and planning new events.
Please take a look around the website and get in touch to arrange a tasting session, corporate hospitality event or to buy some oil.
Until next time,
The Olive Oil Taster